Derek is about to turn three, and I, like an idiot, delayed his "training". I had a bunch of reasons/excuses. All of them I now regret caving to! "The training" in our family is the process of teaching your child to accept bedtime and learn to fall asleep willingly in their own bed. For any future trainers out there, take my advice and do the training BEFORE your child has the gross motor skills to climb out of their own bed!!! Because once they can physically defy your attempts to keep them horizontal, and once they have fully developed a mind of their own, it becomes a long and painful battle!
I know that this post will illicit chastisement from, at the very least, my local sister and my mum...But anytime I have begun the training to get Derek to go to sleep on his own, he has proved to be SO stubborn (easily outlasting my resolve) and SO LOUD (quickly annoying his brother/roommate!)
Add to that how sugary sweet his bedtime begging is, and...well...I'm a sucker for his little sing-song pleading voice in the darkness:
"Mummy, Please sweep wid me?"
My comment for this post became so long winded that I had to change it into a post of my own!
ReplyDelete