How I justify time spent blogging:

When Alzheimers has completely overtaken me, I'll read, re-read, and three-read my blog to relive all the marvelous moments I had with my wonderful kids! And when I'm at the computer, and I should be making a meal or fulfilling my obligation to family in some other way, it comes in handy to be able to say "I'm busy chronicling the lives of our children!"

Drive Thru -- Busted!

Around the time Kenzie was about 2 years old, we still had a "landline" phone and fax machine. It had a feature on it that enabled you to press a "memo" button and leave yourself a recorded message. It wasn't a feature that I used very often, but there was a day when Mackenzie found a use for it!

I was passing by the machine and noticed the red light flushing - so I stopped and pressed the play button to hear the waiting messages. The first few were your typical "Hey, looks like I missed you - please call me back" types. And then the voicemail message that lives in infamy: a  precious little girl's voice chimes:
 "Please I have a cheeseburger and french fry?"
Apparently, the fax machine resembled a drive thru speaker/order board. And Mummy was busted for visiting drive-thrus often enough that Kenzie knew exactly how to order!

No comments:

Post a Comment