How I justify time spent blogging:

When Alzheimers has completely overtaken me, I'll read, re-read, and three-read my blog to relive all the marvelous moments I had with my wonderful kids! And when I'm at the computer, and I should be making a meal or fulfilling my obligation to family in some other way, it comes in handy to be able to say "I'm busy chronicling the lives of our children!"

The Cooper Scoot




Mackenzie was a 'stiff' baby. Cooper was all noodle-y! I suspect his lack of tension was part of the reason he walked late, and never crawled! But hey - why crawl when you can scoot!?! (Bythe way, he is saying "cat" -- and you can hear the cat meow in the background at the beginning -- I was using the cat as scoot bait!)

This was very early in the scoot era. As you can see he struggles quite a bit to gain just a little ground. Later, as he became stronger and slightly more coordinated, he got pretty fast with a side-scoot method where he would launch himself off his buttcheek, stabilized by one arm and propelled by extending his bent leg. He would even catch a little air with each scoot motion!

1 comment:

  1. Time has gone by WAY TOO FAST!!... he was just doing this! and now there's a Derek, I have moved and Coop and Duncan are the big 5 and going off to school!
    Major *SIGH* I think we have a glimpse at mum's 40's file anxieties!

    ReplyDelete